I’m just back in town after spending a whole summer traveling to far out places, sleeping under the stars, unable to check email. Summer started with my wedding to Kirsten, an amazing community produced weekend event and a double wedding with our closest friends. The whole thing was really beyond words, a trend which continued for the rest of what was a truly great summer. Swimming in 9 rivers (a 60 mile float on one). Inner tubing. 5 natural hot springs. Dreams and realization of family, friends, and community, and love love love! The list goes on, but summer is over and it is time to move on to the next thing. Time to batten down the hatches, chop some firewood, and put my hands in clay again. And check my email.
I’m happy to announce that I will be teaching my Recursive Beads workshop at Polymer Clay and Creative Arts Fest 2010. Registration for the event, due to take place Oct 21-24 in Wausau WI, is open till October 10th. Other instructors include Nan Roche, Jeffrey Lloyd Dever, Torrey Hughes, and more. The registration fee (which is very reasonable) includes a four hour workshop with each of the 6 instructors.
With one month to go till the conference I may even squeeze some new work out of the studio. Sign up now as spaces are filling!
I’m happy to announce that I will be teaching two half day workshops at the Cabin Fever Clay Festival, which runs Feb 19th-24th, 2010 (right before the Synergy conference). Both workshops are full, but hurry to sign up and and you can still take classes with numerous polymer luminaries.
I’m happy to announce my first teaching tour of Europe, coming this June. I’ll be teaching workshops in Switzerland, Spain and France. I’ve given major workshops in 20 cities and towns across the United States and Canada but this will be my first overseas tour.
I’m incredibly excited for the opportunity to travel to such beautiful places and want to thank my workshop organizers for the hard work they are doing to make this happen. I look forward to seeing some familiar faces as well as meeting lots of new people. I’ve been fortunate enough to spend a little bit of time in France, and it has been a dream to return. This will be my first visit to Switzerland and I can’t wait. I only made a small border stop in Spain while spending some time in the French Pyrenees and am very happy to have a chance to spend quality time there (I’ve always wanted to visit Barcelona especially, and see Gaudi’s work there).
It is interesting to see the DIY movement and the home craft movement gaining stronger ground in Europe and elsewhere in the world, where polymer and metal clays are exploding in interest. I feel priviledged to be among the early teachers to be bringing these new material techniques to the old world. Registration is already almost full, so if you want to join us, do it now!
- June 6th and 7th in Switzerland (actually right across the border in Schaan, Lichtenstein). I will be debuting my Recursive Beads workshop. This exciting new technique combines elements of sculpture, die forming, and mold making with a bevy of unique and original approaches.
- Cost: Class incl.
- Material: 216,00 Euro
- Accommodation (cost per night):
- Room (6 beds): 21,50 Euro
- Room (2 beds): 28,00 Euro
- Single room: 37,00 Euro
- Lunch and dinner: 9,50 Euro
- Youth hostel fee: 3.50 Euro
- For more information contact :
- June 13th and 14th in Madrid, Spain. I will be teaching the Recursive Beads workshop here as well. Contact Natalia at Tatana for details or to sign up.
- June 27th and 28th in Verneuil sur Seine in the Yvelines (Department) near Paris, France. I will be teaching my Textured Beads workshop The workshop is being organized under the newly formed Association Lez’Artgil, a newly formed group whose aim is to promote education in polymer and metal clays in France. Visit their website in French or in English. The following information comes from their News page and includes a link to sign up for the class.
- The workshop will take place in the Base de Loisirs Val de Seine 78 . You are welcome to join us Friday evening in order to meet, to share our treasures and to chat…
- The price for “members“ is :
- 265€ for full board in 2 rooms for two,
- 258€ for full board in 2 rooms for four,
- 237€ for half board, saturday evening meal included.
- The price for “non members“ is :
- 270€ for full board in 2 rooms for two,
- 263€ for full board in 2 rooms for four,
- 242€ for half board, saturday evening meal included.
- The price includes the workshop, room and board (breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner in case of full board.)
- The clay and other material are not included in the price.
- Register here
- For questions on the Lez’ Artgil workshop use the contact form here.
- Extra thanks to Sylvie at Maniguette’s Blog for making this happen!