For more than 20 years I’ve been crossing bridges between traditional, contemporary, and indie craft. My lifelong fascination with pattern, form, and function continues as I expand my inquiries into the borders between art and industry. Currently, I’m delving deep into digital desktop manufacturing, integrating it into my handmade process as I design new jewelry with old fashioned sensibility. I’m drawn to dynamic projects that allow me to integrate my knowledge of ornament and surface design with my skills of building, carpentery, fabrication, and project management.
Collaborating with Five Ton Crane, Star Star Roadhouse, LevyDance, The Crucible, and various other theater arts and production groups, continues to inspire me to bring together the real and the imaginary, connecting the dots between object and environment, performance, and life.
Previous Workshops (Creator and Instructor):
- Laurel, MD. Cabin Fever Clay Festival. 2/21 and 2/23/2011.
- Laurel, MD. Cabin Fever Clay Festival. 2/22 and 2/24/2010.
- Brockton, MA. Fuller Craft Museum. 10/24 and 10/25/2009.
- Verneuil sur Seine, France. LezArt’gil. 6/27 and 6/28, 2009.
- Madrid, Spain. Asociación de Arcilla Polimérica de España 6/13 and 6/14, 2009.
- Lichtenstein, 6/6 and 6/7/2009.
- Milwaukee, WI, The Bead & Button Show. 6/7 and 6/8/2008.
- Laurel, MD. Cabin Fever Clay Festival. 2/2008.
- Oakland, CA. The Crucible. 3/15 and 3/16/2008.
San Antonio, TX. San Antonio Polymer Clay Guild 10/06 and 10/7/2007.
Oakland, CA. The Crucible. 7/10/11, 2007.
- Orlando, FL. Florida Tropical Weavers Guild Conference. 3/22 to 3/25/2007.
- Tampa, FL. Tampa Polymer Art Guild. 3/21/2007.
- Louisville, KY. Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft,. 3/31 and 4/1/2006.
- Detroit, MI. Metropoliton Detroit Polymer Arts Guild. 10/1 and 10/2/2005.
- Montreal, Canada. 9/12 and 9/13/2005.
- Dallas, TX. North Texas Polymer Clay Guild. 7/9/2005.
- Germantown, MD. Artway Studios. 4/23/2005.
- New York, NY. New York Polymer Clay Guild. 4/16 and 4/17, 2005.
- New Haven, CT. Southern Connecticut Polymer Clay Guild. 4/9/2005.
- Canyon CA. Canyon School. 03/26 and 3/27/2005.
- Canyon, CA. Canyon School. 11/20 and 11/21/2004.
- Germantown, MD. Potomac Polymer Clay Guild. Artway Studios, 10/30/2004.
- New Haven, CT. Southern Connecticut Polymer Clay Guild. 10/23 and 10/24/2004.
- New York, NY. New York Polymer Clay Guild. 10/16/ and 10/17/2004.
- Denver, CO. Mile High Polymer Clay Guild. 7/16 and 7/17/2004.
- San Diego CA. San Diego Polymer Clay Guild, 4/24/2004.
- Houston, TX. Houston Polymer Clay Guild. 3/6/2004.
- Philadelphia, PA. Philadelphia Polymer Clay Guild. 11/15 and 11/16/2003.
- Sacramento CA. Sacramento Polymer Clay Guild, 5/18/2003.
- San Jose, CA. South Bay Polymer Clay Guild. 5/10/2003.
- Berkeley, CA. Amsterdam Art Studios. 4/26/2003.
- Berkeley, CA. Amsterdam Art Studios. 4/5/2003.
- San Jose, CA. South Bay Polymer Clay Guild. 3/1/2003.
- San Jose, CA. South Bay Polymer Clay Guild. 03/11/2001.
Selected Craft Shows (Exhibitor):
- Sausalito Art Festival.
- Portland Arts Festival.
- San Anselmo Arts Festival.
- Park City Arts Festival.
- Capitola Art and Wine Festival.
- Live Oak Park Fair, Berkeley, CA.
- Solano Stroll, Solano, CA.
- Castro Street Fair, SF, CA.
- Contemporary Crafts Market: SF and Santa Monica.
- Connoisseurs Marketplace, Menlo Park.
- Stanford Holiday Craft Fair.
- Holiday Gift Shoppe at the Berkeley City Club.
- KPFA Crafts Fair. SF, CA.
Selected Bead Shows:
- Bay Area Bead Extravaganza, Oakland, CA.
- Bead & Button Show, Milwaukee, WI.
- NorCal Bead Society, Oakland, CA.
- Best Bead Show, Tucson, AZ.
- Portland Bead Society Bazaar. Portland, OR.
- Northwest Bead Society Bazaar, Seattle WA.
Previous Museum And Gallery Exhibitions:
- Exhibitor: New Jewelry in a New Medium. Mingei International Museum, San Diego, CA. Jan-June 2012. Permanent collection.
- Exhibitor: Sculpting Color: Works in Polymer Clay. Fuller Craft Museum, Brocton MA 8/16/2009.
- Juror: Celebrating Beads, the Journey of… Bead Museum, DC. Washington DC 9/28/2008 -12/31/2008.
Exhibitor: An Exploration of Polymer Clay. Kentucky Musem of Arts + Design, 3/6 to 3/24/3004.
- Exhibitor: Rave at Ravensdale. Ravensdale Conference, Northwest Polymer Clay Guild. 2000, 2003 and 2006.
- Exhibitor: A.C.C.I. Gallery.
- Exhibitor: ProArts Gallery.
- Exhibitor: Virginia Breier Gallery.
Presentations and other Honorariums:
- Panelist: Sculpting Color: Works in Polymer Clay. Fuller Craft Museum, Brockton, MA, 8/16/2009.
- Lecturer: Northwest Bead Society. Seattle, WA, 4/17/2008.
- Lecturer: Northern California Bead Society Lecture Series. Emeryville, CA, 11/20/2007.